- RUST RESISTANT: The head is crafted from thick, 18/8 stainless-steel wire which is durable and will not rust
- ERGONOMIC HANDLE FOR COMFORT: The handle is well balanced and ergonomically designed for comfort and smooth operation under heavy use; features an integrated loop in the handle for hanging storage
- IDEAL FOR MASHING VEGETABLES: Perfect for mashing root vegetables, avocadoes, apples, and nuts
- MEASUREMENTS: This masher measures at approximately 14 3/4 inches long
- DISHWASHER SAFE: This potato masher is dishwasher safe; making clean up quick and easy. A Lifetime Limited Warranty is also included with purchase
Stainless steel is an alloy of iron and at least 11% chromium with other metals to obtain its desired “stainless” properties. It is resistant to rusting and corrosion from the chromium content.
The alloy's properties, such as luster and resistance to corrosion can be used in cookware, cutlery, surgical instruments, major appliances and other household products.
Because stainless steel is a relatively poor conductors of electricity and heat in cookware other materials are needed to help heat transference and retention.
18/8 stainless steel is a superior grade of stainless steel. The 18 refers to the mix of all the ingredients with the exception of nickel. The 8 represents the percentage of nickel, which changes the steels composition into a premium grade.